If you are looking for a job that will also be a meaningful experience this offer is for you:
Job Description: Administrative and fundraising support
Who are we?
American Friends of POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews is a small non-profit organization that supports the mission of POLIN Museum in Warsaw, Poland. The main focus of American Friends is fundraising for the Museum’s programs and development.
What is the schedule?
16 hours a week, Monday through Friday, during the day, schedule flexible Begin work 1 August 2019
What is the compensation?
$3,000 USD a month before tax
What are the essential functions?
General support including, but not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Manage administrative budget
- Maintain contact with organization’s lawyers and accountants
- Basic bookkeeping tasks, including paying bills, cutting and mailing checks, making deposits,invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with preparation of annual audit, etc.
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Prepare for Board meetings: scheduling, communicating with Board members, preparing agendas, minutes, and other documents, follow up after Board meetings
- Assist Senior Museum representative for the US (schedule meetings, prepare materials,presentations, etc.)
- Prepare for visits of POLIN Museum representatives to the USA
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Undertake independent research to identify new potential donors and funding opportunities
- Maintain relationships with existing donors, responding promptly to their requests, updating them regularly about the work of the organization
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization
- Manage donor database
- Maintain up-to-date mailing lists and prepare mailings
- Maintain American Friends website and social media presence
Who are we looking for?
A person with excellent organizational skills and an interest in the history of Polish Jews or Jewish history more generally. Our organization is young. We are looking for someone who would like to grow with us. We need all candidates to be proficient in MS Office.
Why should you work for us?
You would meet interesting people and deepen your knowledge of Jewish history in a unique way. You would also play an important role in developing the organization from the very beginning.
Which documents do you need to send?
CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position Letter of recommendation from your previous employer
When and where to apply?
Send application to email@example.com by July 15, 2019